Wednesday 2 May 2012

big dave

                      Trichocereus Peruvianus 'Big Dave'

Came to us last year as a big, fat healthy Peruvianus and has just kept getting bigger. I am going to be taking a cutting from this at sometime, but as it takes bottle to cut into an old/big cactus, dont hold your breath!
Could do with re-potting as, because it is seed grown, it tends to wobble about in the pot.
It was transported from my barge to my greenhouse on the passenger seat of my Corsa.
Big Dave was not at all impressed with his driving position and decided to take the wheel at a roundabout.
After much swerving and swearing I pushed him back and spent the rest of the day picking spines out of my groin.


Update 13/7/12
************

Big Dave has been re-potted and is happy in his huge pot that should see him right for a few years.
He also has a new friend.
 Meet Little Dave.
 Not very original, i know, but it seemed to suit him.



No comments:

Post a Comment